Our son, a six year military veteran struggling with PTSD, committed suicide this past December. Although our hearts are broken, and we will never stop missing him in this life, we have NO DOUBTS concerning his spirit!!! I am so very thankful, that Abba brought my husband and myself to an understanding of His, (God's), true character, about a year prior to our son's death. My husband and I had both grown up in very traditional, fundamental denominations. Having raised our children in the same tradition, we were not only surprised, but shocked, when we, (through our own study of the bible), found how many translation errors in the KJV, led to FUNDAMENTAL ERRORS in the doctrine(s) of the church. The errors in fact, are so diabolical, that there are now over forty-thousand, (40,000), Christian denominations in the world today!!! I would like to begin by asking, whoever manages this blog page, to please leave my response intact, trusting the Holy Spirit to guide the hearts of all who read it...
1. In the original languages of the bible, you will find the words, Sheol, (Old Testament), and Hades, ( New Testament), both meaning place of the dead, wrongly translated "hell" by KJV translators.
2. In the New Testament, you will find the word, Gehenna, translated "hell" in the KJV. Interesting fact; this actual place still exists just outside of the city of Jerusalem. In Jesus day, it was the city dump, that burned perpetually, and had a loathsome worm that finished off the waste, (including, dead bodies), the fire didn't destroy.
3. The Lake of Fire, mentioned only one time, would have been directed specifically to the Nation of Israel, (as was the entire book of Revelation...what, when, where, why, and how), and was prophecy concerning their "second death". These things were fulfilled in 70AD...
4. Other critical words which were mistranslated by KJV translators were, Olam, (Hebrew), meaning AGE, and Aeon, (Greek), meaning AGE. This one word was translated nine different ways, including, everlasting, eternal, forever, world, etc..."Everlasting punishment" should be translated, "age-abiding correction", as that's what it says in the original languages...
5. The early church taught and believed "APOKOTASTASIS", which means, THE RESTORATION OF ALL MANKIND!!! This was the predominate teaching, until Constantine made Christianity the state religion. At that point, many people flooded into "the church", bringing their pagan ideas with them. These pagan concepts, (such as a place of eternal torment), filtered in, and the fear of it was used to, "control the masses". This purpose has been found in the writings of the early church fathers, in the fourth and fifth centuries. They confessed that they themselves actually believed in APOKOTASTASIS, but for the purpose of "controlling the masses", they promoted the pagan concept of "hell".
The abundance of translation errors, as well as the hundreds of verses clearly telling us that Jesus is THE SAVIOR OF ALL MANKIND, should cause us to realize, and REJOICE, that ALL means ALL. I will list just a few verses, just to whet your appetite for study...
Genesis 18:25 " Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?"
1Chronicles 16:34 "He is good! For His mercy endures forever." (Repeated 41 times in the OT)
Job 42:2 "You can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted."
Psalms 22:27 "All the ends of the world shall...turn to the Lord. And all the families of the nations shall worship before You."
Psalms 30:5 "His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning."
Psalms 49:15 "God will redeem my soul from the power of [Sheol] the grave for He shall receive me." Sheol is rendered "hell" 31 times in the KJV.
Psalms 65:2-3 "To You all flesh will come...You will provide atonement."
Psalms 66:3-4 "Through the greatness of Your power Your enemies shall submit themselves to You. All the earth shall worship You and sing praises to You."
There are dozens upon dozens of verses such as these, in the Psalms...
Isaiah 14:24 "The Lord...has sworn, saying, 'surely, as I have thought, so it shall come to pass, and as I have purposed, so shall it stand."
Isaiah 25:6-8 "He will make a feast for all people and destroy the covering cast over all people, and the veil that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death forever, and will wipe away tears from all faces."
Isaiah 50:2 "Is my hand shortened at all that it cannot redeem? Or have I no power to deliver?"
Isaiah 52:10 "All the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God."
Isaiah 54:8 " With a little wrath I hid my face from you for a moment; but with everlasting kindness I will have mercy on you, says the Lord, your Redeemer."
Isaiah 55:7b-8 He will "abundantly pardon. For" His thoughts are not our thoughts, nor are His ways our ways.
There are many more in Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Jonah, Micah, Habakkuk, and Malachi, but we need to look at the writers of the New Testament, and of Jesus Himself...
Matthew 5:44 " Love your enemies...that you may be sons of your Father."
Matthew 12:20-21 " Till He send forth judgement unto victory. And in His name shall the Gentiles trust."
Matthew 18:11 "The Son of Man has come to save that which was lost."
Matthew 23:1, 9 "Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples...One is your Father."
Mark 9:49 "Everyone will be purified with fire." EVERYONE!!!
Mark 10:26-27 "Who then can be saved?...With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible."
Luke 2:10 "I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to ALL PEOPLE"
Luke 3:6 "All flesh SHALL see the salvation of God."
Luke 9:56 " The Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives but to save them"
John 1:7-9 "This man came...to bear witness of the Light, that ALL through Him might believe... the true Light which gives light to EVERY MAN coming into the world."
John 1:29 " Behold! The Lamb...Who takes away the SIN OF THE WORLD!"
John 12:32-33 "And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself." (Greek-helkouo, literally means to DRAG)
John 12:47 "I did not come to judge the world but to save the world."
Acts 10:34 "God shows NO PARTIALITY."
Romans 3:3-4 "Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? Certainly not!"
Romans 4:21 "What He has promised He is able to perform."
Romans 5:18 "Therefore, as through one man's offense judgement came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act the free gift came to ALL MEN, resulting in justification of life."
Romans 5:20. "Where sin abounded, grace abounded MUCH MORE."
Romans 11:32. "God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on ALL."
I could continue with reference after reference showing us that Abba God, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit fully intend, and have already made certain, that every person will be reconciled to God the Father, through the glory of His Son!!!
For an in depth study of this truth, known as The Blessed Hope, The Victorious Gospel of Jesus Christ, CHRISTIAN Universalism, visit...
May our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, give you His peace concerning the eternal well being of your lost loved ones. Regardless of how a human spirit leaves their body, through sickness, accident, suicide, or old age, our Father, (Who IS LOVE), will restore them to Himself, and to the glory of whom He created them to be!!!!!